Tuesday, October 1, 2013

BlogHer's NaBloPoMo October 2013 Challenge!

I was thrilled to come across the NaBloPoMo Blog Challenge!  Since I am new to the blogging world it hasn't become habit for me to post as often as I had planned to.  BlogHer has been a wealth of information for me and find this challenge at the end of September must have been destiny.  October is my favorite month of the year and always has been my time for new resolutions so here's to 31 days of posting with NaBloPoMo! 


My Love of Fall...

I have truly had a love for Autumn for as long as I can remember.  The feeling that many people get in the Spring has always happened for me in the Fall.  I anxiously await that first cool front that blows through.  I open all the windows and become invigorated listening to the rusting of the leaves mingled with the wind chimes on my porch.   I would have a spot of heave on earth  if the rustling leaves had the colors of Autumn but living in South Texas we have green, brown and gone.  I always try to look for the positive in life so we do have some nice shades of brown!  

For some reason my spirit just seems to be drained by September but the changing of the winds in October lift me up and I have renewed hope and a brighter outlook.  For many people the Fall and Winter months bring on a sense of gloom with the grey skies and rainy days.  I find those days to be my most productive and peaceful.

There is nothing better on a crisp fall morning than to start the day snuggled in my fluffy robe relaxing with a hot cup of cocoa, coffee or tea.  On those mornings I love to get lost in a book while rocking in porch chair.  My cat, Princess Patches enjoys the fall as well.  It brings me such joy to watch her jump and play like a kitten when she feels the chilly breeze. I guess she is like her moma and loves the fall too!

Love and hugs, 

~justsimplyliz~




     

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I think by the time autumn comes around we are all very much ready for it, the seasons are so important to us in a subconscious way as well as the obvious. The stress of a very late spring or the misery of a long wet summer seem to be reflected in people's attitudes along the way. Welcome to blogging, like you I haven't posted as much as I'd like too. I shall have to investigate that link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The blog challenge is definitely going to be a challenge. The last two days have been down to the wire to post for the day. I wish you the blessings of a beautiful fall!

    ReplyDelete